Travertine floor cleaning is necessary if you want to maintain a beautiful, healthy home in Dunedin, Clearwater, and Palm Harbor. Travertine is a natural stone product, and as such, it requires very exact, professional restoration methods. At Healthy Home Tile and Carpet Cleaning, we have cleaned thousands of various tile and travertine floors. Because of our experience, we know exactly how to get your floor 100% clean, and how to do it safely—with no damage. Our services can help eliminate bacteria and mildew that could affect the health of your family.
The first step taken when clients in Dunedin, Clearwater, and Palm Harbor come to us for travertine floor cleaning is a thorough pre-inspection of your flooring. This process includes:
- Inspection to see if there is any coating or old floor wax that needs to be removed.
- Checking for any existing floor damage that would need to be addressed before the washing can begin. This would include loose or damaged tiles, missing grout, cracks, etc.
- Free demonstration on a one-foot square section of your floor so you can see what the entire floor will look like when the job is complete.
- Inspection to see what kind of manufacturer’s surface your floor has. Your floor may have a “honed” finish— this will be a dull and weathered appearance. It may have a “brushed” finish— this is a slightly polished look. It could have a “high gloss polish” finish— this will have a “wet look”, or very polished appearance. Different finishes require different cleansing procedures.
Once the pre-inspection in Dunedin, Clearwater, and Palm Harbor is complete, cleansing can begin. At Healthy Home, we use special cleansing agents and a powerful floor scrubbing machine to loosen all the dirt and grime in your floor and grout lines. Your floor then receives a high-pressure wash and rinse to ensure that all of the materials are removed from miniscule crevices. Your floor is now restored, clean and looking better than ever! Any areas that require a second washing or “special attention” are re-cleaned as needed.
I highly recommend that, after travertine floor cleaning, the flooring be sealed correctly. This type of stone is very porous and will readily absorb dirt, grime, and other substances, which can make keeping your floor looking fantastic quite difficult. With the help of top-quality stone sealers, I can make your freshly washed travertine floor stain- and water-resistant. Sealing also makes your routine clean-ups at home in Dunedin, Clearwater, and Palm Harbor much easier.
As the final step in your travertine floor cleaning process, we will show you how to properly perform regular maintenance on your floor so it stays looking beautiful for years. Improper cleansing can predispose travertine flooring to premature re-soiling. With our help, we’ll show you how to clean it the right way. The best part? It’s easy!
You may be wondering if travertine floor cleaning is really necessary for your Dunedin, Clearwater, or Palm Harbor home. Perhaps we are a bit biased, but there are plenty of reasons why this material is ideal for homes and why it needs to be kept pristine with the assistance of a professional.
- Reduce buildup of dirt and grime
- Prevent fading, erosion, and wear
- Maintain color and appearance
- Remove harmful chemicals/ substances that may have accumulated in the grout
- Keep matter from absorbing into the tile
With the help of a professional, you can have your travertine floor restoration done correctly.. This way, your home will be safer, cleaner, and more beautiful for you and your family to enjoy. Plus, you’ll be able to relax and enjoy it instead of scrubbing away!